How can The SPOT help you?
The SPOT has been designated a Passport Acceptance Facility by the U.S. Department of State. Students, faculty, staff, and members of the community are able to apply for a passport directly through our office.
Additionally, you will find the necessary forms required to apply for a U.S. passport, as well as other passport-related forms and onsite passport photo services at The SPOT. Forms may also be completed online at http://www.travel.state.gov and then brought to The SPOT for processing.
The SPOT can provide photo services for your passport, visa, and other application needs. Photos are $15.96 plus sales tax.
Hours of Operation:
UCF and The Spot will close early Thursday August 31st due to UCF Football.
Passport Hours: 9:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Store Hours: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Monday – Thursday: 9 AM to 4 PM.
Friday 9 AM to 3:30 PM.
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Note: We are Walk-ins Only. A high volume of applicants may limit afternoon availability and we will turn away applicants. The SPOT recommends arriving at least an hour before the afternoon cut-off time.
Required Documents for New Applicants
- Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport completed in black ink (available online at travel.state.gov or in our office)
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (ex. original or certified copy birth certificate, original naturalization certificate)
- Government Issued Photo Identification (ex. valid U.S. Driver’s License, Military I.D.) A second form of I.D. may be required for non-Florida licenses.
- Check or money order for application fees. An additional fee will be paid in-store and is separate from the application fee. Visit travel.state.gov for current pricing.
- One Passport Photo (available at The SPOT)
Please note that these documents are required for a first-time applicant applying for a U.S. passport in-person who is not a minor. For current details about requirements for applicants in other situations (ie: minors, for passport renewals), please visit http://www.travel.state.gov or call our office.
To be seen by an Agent or be added to our wait list, all parties must be present with all the required documents and payments.
The Spot cannot track the status of any Passport applications. Use the Online Passport Status System to check your application status. You may not be able to get a status update for 4 weeks after you apply or renew.
You may qualify for a renewal by mail if you meet certain requirements. If requirements are met, a visit to The SPOT will not be necessary. Visit travel.state.gov for current information.
If you do not meet the renewal criteria, you must apply for a new passport in person.
Passports for Minors (Under 16 years of age)
All Minor applicants, including renewals, must apply in person.
Both parents or guardians should appear with the child. If both parents/guardians cannot be present, see the parental consent section for additional document requirements.